How do I book a trip?
To book a trip simply call Captain Scott Anderson at (231) 941-4376 or click here.
How do I get to Leland and to the Far Fetched?
Click here for an interactive Google map where you can get directions from your exact location. Once you get into Leland, you will take a left on off of M-22 onto River Street and follow the road to the Leland Docks. The Far Fetched is straight down that road. The coordinates of the Leland Marina are: Latitude 45° 1' 25", Longitude -85° 45' 45".
What time should I get there?
Morning half day charters start at 6:00 am and afternoon half days begin at 12:00 pm. Full day charters typically start at 6:00 am also, but we can adjust that time to meet your needs. We recommend that you get to the docks 15 minutes early to be sure that you have everything and aren't rushed. We want you to relax and enjoy your day on the water.
What experiences have other clients had on the Far-Fetched?
That's a great question. Here are some testimonials from previous clients.
- Just a quick note to say THANKS for a great trip! it meant a lot to us all and especially to my father and kids to have a trip to remember for a long time! We will be sharing the fish with our friends and when they ask, we are telling them WHO, WHERE, etc. Continued good fishing - Craig A. Burke, Petoskey, MI
- Well, we didn't think you could outdo last year's catch, but indeed you did. We, once again, had a wonderful time and look forward to fishing with you again next year. Can you out-do this last trip? I'm sure you'll do you your best to try! Thanks again for a great trip! - Beth Lindley, Lansing, Michigan
- My fiancée Lynda and I had a great trip with you last summer with our friends Karen and Chris Fluegal. Lynda still brags about her 19 pound salmon. We look forward to fishing with you again next summer. - Mike Morrisey, Heathrow, Florida
- Bet you'd thought we had forgotten about Leland and the great fishing on the Far Fetched. We haven't! We'll be back in Northern Michigan this year and are looking forward to another great day with you. We may be bringing more people with us this year, and may need other boats, but definitely count us on with you! Looking forward to seeing you again in August! - Pete Thompson, Detroit, MI
What types of fish do you catch?
We start the season fishing for Lake Trout in May. June is Steelhead. Fishing for King Salmon and Coho Salmon is usually best from July through September. The types of fish are shown below.
Where can I stay during my visit to Leland?
There are many area bed and breakfasts in the Leland area as well as Traverse City. Please visit the Travel Info page to find local hotels and restaurants.
What other activities are available for myself and my family during my visit?
The Leland area is a thriving tourist area with many things to do for people of all ages. Visit the Travel Info page for information.
What do I need for the trip?
You should bring the following to get the most enjoyment from your trip:
- Be sure to dress warmly and in layers
- Your own food and beverages
- Soft Soled Shoes
- Rain Gear if necessary
- A large cooler to carry your catch home
- A valid Michigan fishing license and trout stamp (one day licenses are available on line)
What if there is bad weather?
For your safety, the Captain will make all weather decisions. If there is inclement weather, you will be refunded your deposit and we will reschedule you for a make up trip at your earliest convenience.